Vienna, Wine & Heurigen
Fine wines will accompany you through your incentive trip in Vienna. Whether in an in-restaurant, in a wine tavern or in a traditional wine tavern – this incentive program has some highlights in store for you. A huge fun – not only for wine lovers – will be the “discovery trip” to the wine region outside the gates of the Austrian capital. In the “center” of the production of Grüner Veltiner, you will ride on vintage tractors, take a ride through the vineyards and, of course, taste the wonderful wine as well as local specialties. For dinner at the Heuriger you will take the “Bim” – a historical streetcar. With original Heurigen music and Viennese delicacies you can review the experience and are guaranteed to take home a lot of nice memories.
Day 1 Welcome to Vienna - Exclusive reception and dinner above the rooftops of Vienna
Upon arrival in the Austrian capital, a bus will take you to the hotel where you can check in at your leisure.
In the afternoon you will be welcomed by your guides for a first orientation walk through Vienna. During the old town walk you will discover narrow streets, hidden backyards and romantic corners and you can admire the architectural diversity of the old town.
As the first highlight of the trip, a special surprise awaits you during the Old Town Tour, a champagne reception with string ensemble on an exclusively rented terrace of the Albertina – an important art museum in the heart of Vienna.
Let the flair and impressions of this city take effect on you.
Afterwards, you will have free time at your disposal before leaving your hotel in the evening for dinner at the gourmet restaurant “Le Loft” at the Sofitel Wien Stephansdom. This hotspot could just as easily be in London, Paris or New York, and it will delight you. The walls of the pot floor on the 18th floor are glazed all around, giving you a breathtaking view of the whole city.
The center of the restaurant is the “Le Loft Bar & Lounge”, with a panoramic view from the Kahlenberg to the southern city limits of Vienna. And since Austrians are wine lovers, there is a four-meter-high wine cabinet right in the restaurant that holds around 800 bottles.
2nd day winemaker for a day - a real experience not only for wine lovers
After a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, you will travel to Poysdorf by their exclusive bus. The winegrowing village north of Vienna is the center of production of Grüner Veltliner.
Arrived in Poysdorf, you are already expected with a welcome drink. And then start the activities you have chosen in advance to discover the wine town of Poysdorf and its lovely surroundings: tractor tour as a passenger on a trailer – or be the driver of a vintage tractor yourself and take a ride through the vineyards and the narrow streets where the wine cellars are located, accompanied by a local guide. Very sporty can also “erradeln” the Kellergassen and experience the fascination of the gently rolling wine landscapes on a first-class e-bike! Of course, at the end there will be a guided tour of the cellar followed by lunch in a typical wine tavern, where various regional dishes and delicious Poysdorf wine will be waiting for you.
Afterwards, the tractors will take you back to the starting point.
In the afternoon, the transfer back to the hotel to rest a little for the pleasant evening.
For the way to the evening program we take the “Bim” – as the streetcar is called in Viennese dialect. Join us on a historic streetcar for a special kind of sightseeing tour. To get you in the mood for the evening, a glass of sparkling wine will be served during the ride, a tour guide will explain the sights with the background music of a harmonica player. The second evening in Vienna could not be more typical: “Gemma zum Heurig’n.” This invitation to an evening of coziness with Heurigen music and wine at the Mayer on Pfarrplatz is simply not to be missed.
The traditional premises, the sunny guest gardens under vines and nut trees as well as the original Viennese Heurigen music make the “Mayer am Pfarrplatz” a unique experience. The Viennese Heurigen culture brings joie de vivre and enjoyment to the table. A rich hot and cold buffet with seasonal homemade specialties offers typical Viennese delicacies and invites you to relax with an excellent glass of award-winning Viennese wine.
Day 3 Goodbye in the Austrian capital
Enjoy another leisurely breakfast at the hotel before checking out around noon.
Depending on your return flight or return time, you may have some free time to stroll the city streets on your own.
Optionally, we would like to invite you to a “Brunch in the Green” in the green surroundings of the Prater, to the “Lusthaus”, an establishment from the good old days, where the gentlemen officers liked to invite their spouse for a glass of wine…
To overcome the beautiful route, we would prepare a special surprise. Your guests can choose between three original means of transportation:
1. hackney carriages – they belong to Vienna like St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the Ferris wheel. A ride in one of the two-horse carriages is one of the highlights for many guests. There is almost no more comfortable way to explore the beauties of Vienna.
2. rickshaw – Take a seat in a comfortable rickshaw and let it show you the charming city by eco-friendly 1 hp variant. It will not cost you any effort, yet you will have the pleasure of passing live sights at a pleasant speed and viewing them in detail.
3. segway – on the guided segway tour you will get the most modern and newest segways. Before the ride starts, you will receive an approx. 30-minute briefing. ON THE SEGWAYS, DONE, GO… Fun is guaranteed here. Start at the hotel, return to the hotel individually.
Whether you like it or not, sooner or later that day your exclusive transfer will take you to the airport from where you will begin your journey home.
Our hotel recommendation:
5 star Hotel Bristol
Hotel Bristol Vienna, A Luxury Collection Hotel, is located in the heart of the city, next to the Vienna State Opera and close to the main sights. The Bristol is an art deco gem and has been considered a good address among luxury hotels in Vienna since 1892, embodying Viennese charm as well as personal service. 150 exclusive rooms and 24 suites look like turn-of-the-century apartments and offer spectacular views. The Bristol Lounge restaurant is open during the day and enchants its guests with stylish elegance and tasteful decor; as soon as it gets cooler, a fire crackles in the fireplace. The Bristol Bar, Vienna’s first American Bar, offers exquisite cocktails and cognacs in an exclusive ambience. In the salons of the Hotel Bristol, the rich history of the 5-star hotel in Vienna elegantly combines with the latest technology. Six magnificent rooms with space for 10 to 200 people are suitable for all kinds of events and meetings.
Of course, the Bristol has a top modern fitness center, which is at your disposal 24h.
- Idea and concept
- Research, testing and feasibility of the individual program modules
- Complete preparation with all service providers including option management
- Monitoring of payment and cancellation deadlines of the service providers
- All local transfers according to the program
- Local tour guide during the individual program points
- 2 nights incl. Breakfast at 5 star hotel Bristol
- Day 1: Orientation walk through the old town of Vienna
- Champagne reception with string ensemble on an exclusively rented viewing plateau
- Dinner at “Le Loft
- Day 2: Bus transfer to Poysdorf
- Discovery tour with vintage tractors
- Welcome drink at a winery
- Visit to various wine cellars and tasting of local specialties
- Lunch in a typical wine tavern
- Ride with vintage streetcar to the wine tavern
- Heurigen evening at the “Mayer am Pfarrplatz
- We are very happy to customize the hotel, the program and the restaurants according to your ideas. Of course, you can also request the arrival and departure through us.
- Arrival by bus, train or flight
Price: upon request
“Brunch in the green” at the Lusthaus in the Prater with the possibility to go there by Fiaker, Segway or rickshaw.
Price: upon request